Monday, January 19, 2009

Why one good friend is better than a thousand acquaintances ^^

It took me me a good long time to finally realize this in high school. It was near the end of my sophomore year when it hit me. I was drugged up, depressed, and hung-over prick. I believed that booze, sex, and drugs mixed with extremely loud techno music was gonna make everything in my life better. Its pretty much the cycle I went through when I was depressed about shit in my life, and half of these cycles were caused by women by the way, lol. I was just trying to look for a good long distraction from it all I guess, but whenever I woke up from it, all of it just came back and hit me. Making me the same broken man I was by the middle of the afternoon. That used to be a typical weekend, and sometimes my entire week. My parents of course didn't really give a shit on what I do as long as I stay outta trouble from the cops, and I maintained my grades. I am afraid to imagine what kind of person I would be if I was still stuck in that cycle. Maybe I wouldn't exist at all from all the Ecstasy and alcohol I consumed. Out of the many friends I had though, only a few persisted in me getting clean. The only problem with that, was I had to face reality. And that was my main hurdle. I couldn't accept that yet another girl had destroyed me, my family was falling apart, and I couldn't face myself. I had no morals, values, or any direction at all. Nothing was right. However being the good friends that they were, they never gave up on me. They told me that I could change all that, all I had to do was try. They gave me hope. No one in my life has ever done that for me. They helped me get back on my feet when everyone else just kept partying or was too busy with their own lives to help me. It's fairly easy to make a friend in high school, but it's hard to find a good ones that will stick with you when everything is bleak. Without them, I wouldn't have been able to turn my life around. So thank you, to all the friends that have stuck with me through the good times and bad. My love for you all is there, if you can't find it, check your other pant's pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment