Monday, January 19, 2009

How I feel about religion ^^

Well this story starts off last Sunday, when my parents actually forced me to go to church after years and years of refusing to. The Minister or whatever you call him started preaching about the value of life. He started it off by saying how the recent plane crash in New York was god's work, and that the hero should be celebrated because god was with him. And how we should value and cherish life. So far so good, except maybe giving credit to god instead of the pilot's sexy flying skills. However, this is were it turns sour. He started rattling on about how abortion and stem cell research was wrong, and naturally assumed a lot of things on both the subjects. Now don't get me wrong. Just because I have no faith in any higher being does not mean I have no morals or values. Abortion and Stem cell are both very touchy subjects. The problem I had with this sermon though was he was completely leading these people on with no actual facts or reasoning. Just blind faith. This is one of the problems I believe religion has. I believe their systems was made to inhibit freedom of choice, and was born out of self-delusions. It's pretty much sheep following the sheppard. However the shepard can fuck everyone all up and lead them off a cliff he wanted. All I am saying is maybe you should use your better judgement instead of following that supposed bearded magical stud in the sky. George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd. Here is a quote to sum it all up if you haven't gotten my message yet ^^

"Religion easily has the best bullshit story of all time. Think about it. Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money." - No Idea who said this, but he/she sure was hardcore ^^

Furthermore, religion is just a scapegoat for a great amount violence in this world. Muslim groups blow things up, the crusades, the Inquisition, etc. All of these things are not moral nor are they ethical in my opinion, thus I why should I associate myself at all with them? Think for yourself people!

2 comments:

  1. Let's not forget he Salem Witch Trials also caused by 4 little girls who believe they could tell who the witches were and if no one else could see them

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was George Carlin that said that. He was hardcore, and is greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete